Monday, May 28, 2007

Schools In Session

For most of us out there we have kids who just got out of school for the summer or have recently graduated ourselves. As for me I am back in school! I am pleased to announce that I have procured a Cisco Catalyst 1900 series router! So that means its time to hit the books and get up to speed on routing. The cool thing is that I picked the router up for about 20 bucks! I know that the 1900 series is wicked old but you can't pick up a router for that much at Microcenter that has all the features at the 1900 series. The best part is that I now can start my CCNA track!

Thanks to all those that encouraged me to start this path. I feel that I can not be an effective security practitioner unless I have detailed knowledge of the network down to layer 3. But more importantly I want to become a Information Security Architect. I love building things (system)!!!

No comments: